Creative Child Learning Centre opened its doors to the community of Amherstburg in Spring of 1999. Today, we operate two facilities as a non-profit organization offering full time, part time, before and after school care to over 150 families.
We are committed in providing children with a wealth of opportunities which promots exploration, discovery and self-regulation through emergent curriculum. Children explore their natural curiosity through play and through the manipulation of materials. Play allows children to problem solve, develop social skills and various thinking strategies.
- Yearly Licensing reviewed by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services.
- Regular Health and Safety Inspections by Windsor Essex County Health Unit.
- Monthly Fire Drills
- Daily Playground Inspections
- Staff are First Aid and CPR Certified
Our philosophy is based on the child-centred approach. The principal element of this approach is active learning. As your child participates in our social setting they are encouraged to carry out their ‘own’ intentions by their teacher as the facilitator. They are encouraged to make their own decisions and solve their own problems. Therefore, we believe:
- Children should be valued as individuals
- Parents are the first educators and have a vital part to play in the establishment of their child’s learning environment
- Children are actively involved in learning
- What children CAN DO rather than what children cannot do are the starting points of learning
- All learning should be meaningful and fun
- Children who are encouraged to think for themselves are more likely to act independently
- Children learn through hands-on experiences
- Children feel safe, supported, and happy all the time
- Learning should cater to the needs and interests of individuals
- The process of learning is more important than the end product
- Children need to develop a sense of responsibility for their own learning
- Children learn through taking risks, making mistakes, and celebrating success
- Children develop their social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills at different rates